Prior to founding Editor Group in 1998, Grant was a senior journalist with The Australian Financial Review newspaper and a range of leading trade press publications. These media roles taught him to write and edit quickly and well, while providing a deep understanding of business and government. See Grant’s full background on LinkedIn.
Writing, editing & strategy
Grant is often involved in early discussions about potential projects, helping clients and our team establish their strategy and approach. He is often also the primary writer or editor on projects, especially when we’re working for senior leaders, on new areas of work or on topics where he has relevant subject matter expertise. Some of his recent work includes:
- writing speeches for CEOs and other senior executives
- writing and editing large thought leadership reports
- ghost writing blogs and articles for leaders in business and government
- helping a finance business redefine its core values and code of conduct
- developing sophisticated sales playbooks and presentations.
Grant also serves as one of our senior Review Editors, checking a wide range of the copy we produce before it goes to clients.
Training & public speaking
Grant helps organisations to improve their writing and discover the power of the written word through writing training workshops, speeches and webinars. He has recently presented to:
- two national insurance groups
- the Asia-Pacific teams at global management consulting and legal firms
- the members of ICON, the peak body for marketing and business development professionals
- a major university based in Sydney
- marketing and client service teams at two national accounting firms.
Grant has recently launched an online course about how to succeed at corporate and business writing.
What clients say
“I’ve been very pleased to work with Editor Group and its founder Grant Butler for more than a decade. They have helped my office, Optus and the Singtel Group by consistently delivering intelligent and high-quality work that’s been instrumental in building our business.” –Paul O’Sullivan, Chairman, Optus
“Much as Augustus did to Rome, you found our text a city of bricks, and left it as a city of marble.” – Chris Richardson, Lead Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
“You nailed it. Such a pleasure working with someone who is so consistently good.” –Corporate communications leader, global IT company
Grant’s book Think Write Grow discusses these challenges and offers practical advice about how to define thought leadership, how to write it and how to deliver thought leadership–based campaigns. To complement the book, Grant presents to organisations about how they can identify their unique thought leadership topics and develop the skills to convey their messages in writing.
Looking for great writers and editors for your next project?
You’re in the right place.